Sistemas Eficientes para tu Hogar

Efficient systems for your home

Prevent Poisoning by Carbon Monoxide

The malfunctioning of stoves, boilers, hot water tanks, water heaters and gas stoves and the use of wood or coal to heat the environments can produce carbon monoxide. This highly toxic gas can cause death when breathing at high levels.

It is important to prevent, all carbon monoxide poisoning is avoidable.

¿What is the Carbon Monoxide?

It is a toxic gas that is produced by the bad combustion of natural gas, firewood, coal and / or naphtha used to heat the home and ignite engines.

  It does not look, it does not irritate, it does not smell. People become intoxicated by breathing it without realizing it.

¿What are the recommendations to prevent poisoning?

Always keep the environment ventilated. A ventilation grille or window just open, can save a life.

Avoid heating with the oven or kitchen burners.

Do not install the heater in the bathroom. If you have the heater in the bathroom, be advised to relocate it.

Before going to bed, turn off the stoves and remove the braziers from your home.

Have a registered gas company check the exit to the exterior of water heaters and stoves.

Perform all gas installations, appliance placement and repair with a licensed gas supplier.

Verify that the flame of the artifacts is blue. If it is of another color (yellow or orange) it is functioning in a defective way, producing abnormal amounts of carbon monoxide. Call a professional right away.

Do not start combustion engines in closed places (cars, generator sets, chainsaws, etc.)

.

 ¿What are the main symptoms?

The main reason is that in many cases the person is not aware of the symptom and its nonspecific can be confused with other diseases.

They may be:

Headache

Nausea or vomiting

Dizziness, accompanied by fatigue or lack of strength

Fainting or loss of consciousness

Visual alterations

seizures

coma

Death

¿What to do at the first symptoms?

Ventilate the room quickly (open doors and windows).

Leave the contaminated environment.

Go to the nearest hospital.

Inform the medical staff about the suspicion of being suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

 

 

Gas Detectors

We install home detectors for the prevention of accidents in the home.

 

Appliances that use gas can have small leaks that endanger the users, because the accumulation of these gases can occur and cause dangerous explosions. LPG gas is heavier than air, which is why gas accumulates in the floor and can create very dangerous gas pockets, it is very important to have a proper aeration so that this gas does not accumulate inside the house. If you do not have a proper gas evacuation system, it is advisable to install a gas sensor with an alarm that lets you know of the existence of a leak. LPG gas detectors are placed at ground level, a few centimeters higher to avoid contact with water in the event of a spill.

A defective combustion of LPG gas can produce high concentrations of carbon monoxide, this gas replaces oxygen in the blood, is totally odorless and colorless so it is only detectable by CO sensors. Carbon monoxide produces death by asphyxia, the most clear symptoms are headache and drowsiness. Carbon monoxide is less heavy than air, so it accumulates in the roof and can produce very dangerous monoxide bags if they reach a breathable level by users. To avoid the carbon monoxide bags we will need a good aeration.

 

A bad seal of the smoke evacuation pipe of the heater, stove or dryer can fill the house with monoxide so special care must be taken. It is advisable to open windows while cooking. It should also be noted that the flame produced by the combustion of LPG gas is blue, an orange flame is a symptom of poor combustion and is often accompanied by a high production of carbon monoxide.

To avoid accidents due to carbon monoxide poisoning, it is advisable to place detectors in rooms and rooms, this detector will be placed on the roofs as the place where these gases are concentrated.